Welcome to the CADR Blog!
ResearchRead nuanced research on the vogue and happening areas of Arbitration, Mediation, Negotiation, Conciliation and more!
Send us your articles at
firstname.lastname@example.org. After a review and acceptance of the articles by our editorial team, we will reach out to you to confirm publication! For more details, refer to our Submission Guidelines.
More at CADR
The ADR Glossary aims to provide foundational and compilatory research for students starting their journey into ADR as well as for professionals who require a recapitulation of the basics of various ADR concepts.
This go-to guide will be updated regularly and provide information from an amalgam of authoritative sources.
The CADR Newsletter is aimed at providing regular updates to developments in ADR that occur across the globe. The Newsletter provides multi-jurisdictional news that has been vetted to be relevant by industry professionals.
For practicing lawyers, this is your one-stop read to remain abreast with the latest happenings!
Find recent Blog Posts on various facets of Alternative Dispute Resolution below
- Retrospective Taxation Regime and India-UK BIT: A Glance through the Cairn CaseGunjan Bahety and Tanmay Joshi* Introduction An investor Treaty is an agreement between two or more states to protect investments made by eligible investors. Through Bilateral Investment Treaties (BITs), governments guarantee to safeguard investors’ rights such as the right to be free from expropriation without just compensation, assurance that the government will abide by itsContinue reading “Retrospective Taxation Regime and India-UK BIT: A Glance through the Cairn Case”
- Party Autonomy & Public Policy Vis-À-Vis Indian Parties Choosing a Foreign Seat of ArbitrationMr. Tariq Khan and Nakashvir Singh Aulakh* Party autonomy is the single most important aspect of arbitration. It is the fact that the parties can choose the mode, medium, and governing law which makes arbitration the most preferred form of dispute resolution mechanism in recent years. The Supreme Court of India, time and again, hasContinue reading “Party Autonomy & Public Policy Vis-À-Vis Indian Parties Choosing a Foreign Seat of Arbitration”
- April 2021 Issue of the Newsletter out now!Dear Reader, Greetings from The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR), Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. We hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. We are elated to bring to you the Fourth Issue of the Third Volume of the CADR Newsletter. The Higher Regional Court Frankfurt held that the European Court of Justice’sContinue reading “April 2021 Issue of the Newsletter out now!”
- Intricacies of Enforcement of International Arbitral Award concerning Cairn Energy DisputeShreya Ahuja and Yasha Goyal* Abstract Enforcement of arbitral awards has always been a challenge under the Indian regime. Foreign awards are enforceable under part II of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. With progress in arbitration and various amendments, foreign companies are inclined towards investing in India. Although, there have been multiple cases ofContinue reading “Intricacies of Enforcement of International Arbitral Award concerning Cairn Energy Dispute”
- India as an International Commercial Arbitration Hub Vis-À-Vis Its Conflict of Laws SystemKulsoom Farhat Khan and Vinisha Jain* Abstract International Commercial Arbitration (“ICA”) as the method of dispute resolution has become a conventional practice over the past few years and due to this growth, the idea of becoming the hub for ICA is garnering traction in developing countries. Bahamas has recently enacted its 2020 Bill that aimsContinue reading “India as an International Commercial Arbitration Hub Vis-À-Vis Its Conflict of Laws System”
Subscribe to Our BlogWe promise to send only what is relevant, not spam.
We at CADR strive to make indelible contributions to the field of ADR and create a legal repository which will further facilitate the ongoing research in this arena. This blog aims to further such stimulating discourses for the academia and the professional world.
Reach out to Us
Email Us at
Follow us on our various social media pages to stay updated with various activities which the Centre partakes in and upcoming competitions.